2018 New Zealand Sports Law Symposium
9:15am Friday, 3 August 2018
5:00pm Friday, 3 August 2018
New Zealand Sports Law Symposium
111 Cashel Mall Level 3Christchurch, Canterbury 8011
Join members, guests and distinguished speakers at this year's ANZSLA NZ Sports Law Symposium.
- Hot topics - The recent cricket issue - lessons for New Zealand Sports? Saying what you want - Israel Folau Controversy.
Speakers: Henry Moore (Legal Counsel and Player Services, NZ Cricket Players Association), Keith Binnie (General Counsel, NZ Rugby Union).
- Eligibility Issues - Should Laurel lift and Semanya run?
Speakers: Maria Clarke (Principal, Maria Clark Lawyers) & Associate Professor Penny Hunt (Consultant Endocrinologist)
- Sports Law Review of NZ and international decisions and developments. Speaker: Paul David QC (Barrister)
- Current commercial issues.
Speakers: Michelle Campbell (Legal Counsel, NZRU)
- Panel discussion: Chairperson - Stephen Cottrell (Principal, Cottsport) Panelists - Cam McIntyre (Client Manager, ESPORTIF & Player, Canterbury ITM Rugby), Virginia Le Bas (Personal Development Manager, Crusaders), Ian Hunt (Partner, Young Hunter Lawyers; Director, High Perfomance New Zealand).
Followed by refreshments and a networking opportunity.
This event is generously supported by: